Zero Waste Events
What is a Zero Waste Event?
Your Zero Waste Commitment
If you are hosting a zero waste event on campus and receiving support from OCS, you are expected to:
- Communicate with your food provider your goal to go zero waste (e.g. no excess packaging, bulk options where possible, etc).
- Have a plan to prevent contamination in your compost collection.
- Let attendees know what and where to compost.
- Set up compost collection boxes and ensure the bags of compost are placed into compost carts for pick-up following your event.
We have resources to help you with these steps below or you are welcome to email us for assistance.
How We Can Support You
The Zero Waste Events Program provides technical assistance and resources to departments and groups for on-campus events. We provide and arrange for:
- Assistance identifying compostable tableware, such as plates, cups and utensils (can provide to student-led on campus events if needed).
- Compost collection boxes and liners
- Compost service the day of your event (if the building doesn’t already have regular compost service). Just give us a week’s notice!